Smiles by Farr Restores Every Crown With Precision & Quality For Rapid Recovery
Crowns are synthetic covers often made up of the same materials as bridges and are placed on the top of a tooth. They are typically used to restore a tooth’s function and appearance after a tooth has been damaged by caries, fractures, or when they are weakened by other dental procedures.
Crowns are also used to attach bridges, cover implants, prevent a cracked tooth from becoming worse, or an existing filling is in jeopardy of becoming loose or dislocated. Crowns also serve an aesthetic use, and are applied when a discolored or stained tooth needs to be restored to its natural appearance.
When You Require A Porcelain Crown Procedure
Most patients need a dental crown procedure due to the following:
- An existing cavity has become decayed and when a replacement filling can not be restored.
- If you have a bridge that needs replacing.
- Missing a tooth.
- Dental implant was placed and the next step is a crown.
- Cracked tooth that is jeopardized and needs replacement.
- Received a root canal and the next step is a crown to restore the tooth.
- Ecstatically for reasons that involve veneers or correcting a discolored tooth.
For cleanings, periodontal treatments, or any of the treatments above, schedule an appointment with Dr. Farr. Call today at our Huntley office (847) 669-2787 or Barrington office at (847) 381-7290 for after hours and emergency care call (847) 849-6371. Our staff looks forward to meeting you!